Mike and I went on our friend Ken Napzok’s Life Ranked podcast to answer the question: What are the 5 best things about being a “foodie”?
And here’s what we came up with…
5. We know how to pronounce intimidating food words like “poke” “bahn mi” and “shakshuka” “foie gras” “charcuterie” and “koign Amman.”
4. Food is awesome! It’s making a hobby of something you literally have to do for survival. So why not celebrate it as much as possible?
3. It forces us to stay healthy. Since we put emphasis on eating a LOT of different foods, we also have to put emphasis on staying fit and healthy enough to live long enough to keep trying lots of foods.
2. The community and bonding aspect — dining is social and we LOVE sharing restaurants and food with other people.
1. It forces us to keep “dating.” What’s the difference between “going to try that new restaurant” and “going out to eat?” Fucking nothing. We go on dates almost every night.
But if, you want to hear our sweet sweet voices AND explore these topics even further (plus learn the foodie secret of our house and how Mike became a “foodie”) you can click over to The Napzok Files and listen!